Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Nearly 2014

It has been a while since I posted something new on my blog but am hoping to post more frequently in the new year.
As 2013 draws to a close I am reminded of the times it felt like I was living in the land of giants, but my overall feeling when I think of 2013 is one of absolute gratitude! Firstly I am grateful to God for the amount of times He answered my prayers, even the ones that were not very faith filled. I am also grateful for family and friends... we were not designed to go through life alone, we were designed for community, the Bible says that God takes the lonely and puts them into families (Ps 68:6)... that's a great promise!
God is bigger than the giants we face, but it's my experience that we so easily forget how God has been there for us in the most trying of times and we tend to panic all over again when we face the next giant... when David slew Goliath he said "Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, because he has defied the armies of the living God." (1 Sam17:36)
David did not forget the times God delivered him from danger and in fact it built his faith to face Goliath.

May we not forget all God has done for us in 2013 as we enter into 2014... may all he has done for us spur us on in faith to face all that 2014 has in store for us. May we be filled with a sense of gratitude and take great risks for the Kingdom of God! It's the small ways that we live out this attitude of gratitude that makes all the difference to the world we live in.

“I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.”


― Mother Teresa

 May Eph 3:14-21 be your experience in the new year

Have a blessed and exciting 2014!

Blessings! Derek

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouraging words Derek! May we keep on encouraging each other to walk closely with Him and stay rooted in His love in 2014. Blessings to you and Marion and the rest of your family! :)