Monday, January 5, 2009

Running the race

Although I would like this new year to be a completely new start, I realise that it is like running a long distance race, and 2009 is just one of the phases in the race... so I don't start the race over, I continue the race. Hebrews 12:1,2 in 'The Message' puts it like this: Heb 12:1 Do you see what this means--all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we'd better get on with it. Strip down, start running--and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins.
Heb 12:2 Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed--that exhilarating finish in and with God--he could put up with anything along the way: cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God.

It's not just about starting the race, its about finishing it! A video I came across on the internet says it all, check it out... 1968 Olympics

So although I would like a fresh start, I realise I started this race in order to finish well, so I will pray for refreshing and for more stamina to continue what I have begun

1 comment:

Dory_42 said...

Welcome to the world of the Blog... I have lots of fun in this world and if you are brave enough you can check out what I get up to via my Facebook page too!!
I definitely don't feel like there is any new start this year, it just blends right in with the last, so can really relate to that aspect of your post!